Episode 4 – Sloppy Joe Casserole
Well, things didn’t work out with the filming of this video, and the first half got corrupted. But I’ve uploaded what I have, along with the recipe for you to try on your own.
For the casserole
- 2.5 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cans Sloppy Joe sauce
- 2 packages Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
For the garlic butter topping
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray generously. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan brown your ground beef, making sure not to overcook it. Make sure you stir it often and break it up into little pieces.
- Once the ground beef is cooked to perfection you can add both cans of the Sloppy Joe sauce. Let it get to a nice bubble, then turn it down to a simmer.
- Open the first package of crescent rolls. Unroll it and place it in the bottom of the pan you set aside earlier. Spread it out with your hands till it fits the bottom really well. Blend your garlic butter topping ingredients and spread half on top of the bottom crescent roll layer.
- Now take half the mozzarella cheese (2 cups worth) and toss it on the dough evenly. Spread it out nicely. Turn off your burner for the Sloppy Joe sauce. Carefully pour the Sloppy Joe mixture over top of the cheese. Spread it out with a spoon evenly.
- Now take your remaining mozzarella cheese (2 cups) and toss it evenly over the Sloppy Joe mixture. Spread it out nicely.
- Now open the second package of crescent rolls and unroll it. Spread it out by hand in sections before placing on the top of the cheese. You could press it down on parchment if you’re uneasy doing this, then just flip the parchment over and the dough will drop over the casserole perfectly. Brush remainder of garlic butter topping mixture on top.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes, depending on your oven, or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven, then take a knife and cut the casserole into squares. Remove each piece carefully while hot.